“My blog has been nominated for an award!!” I squealed last night as a twitter notification popped up on the screen of my iPhone.
What is this award you ask? Drum roll please……. The Liebster Award!
For those of you who are not familiar with this award, it is a way for bloggers to recognize other bloggers for their time, effort, and creativity in adding to the blogosphere. It is a little way to spread some love and let the blogger know someone out there is paying attention!
First and foremost, I would like to give a shout-out and a HUGE thank you to Marga over at The Spicy Spatula, who not only took the time to read my blog, but also nominated me for this great honor.
What are the rules you ask? Simple:
- Post the award on your blog (Done)
- Thank the blogger who present this award and link back to their blog (See above!)
- Write 11 random facts about yourself (This seems to be the hardest part!)
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 500 followers
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees a set of 11 questions
Now, let’s get personal.
11 random facts about me are:
- My favorite city in the world is a tie between Salzburg, Austria and Barcelona, Spain.
- I can play the piano and the clarinet (although it has been a little while since I’ve practiced).
- I eat chocolate on a daily basis.
- Netflix will be my downfall – It has so many options that I just “binge watch” season after season of any show I am remotely familiar with.
- I am a (somewhat recovering) nail biter.
- I can speak French at an intermediate level.
- I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and a JD in Law.
- The Bernese is my favorite breed of dog (Duh!) – Although I do have a list of 10 breeds I would like to own during my life.
- My friends call me “T”.
- I am afraid of spiders.
- As a child, my absolute favorite book was “Moontoo the Cat”.
My answers to Marga’s questions are:
- My favorite ingredient to cook with is cinnamon.
- My biggest cooking inspirations are the LooneySpoons (Janet and Greta Podleski) and the Brown Eyed Baker
- My favorite type of cuisine is French.
- My favorite food to make is bread. It doesn’t matter what kind, there is something so satisfying about having a home-made bread come crackling out of the oven, and slicing it open to find that it turned out perfectly.
- I love blogging because it gives me the chance to be creative and connect with people around the world.
- I cook without a sous chef!
- 5 things that are always in my pantry are all-purpose flour, sugar, peanut butter, cinnamon, and chocolate chips.
- I came up with my blog name while I was thinking of witty phrases that played on the letter T.
- If I could delete any dish from history it would be soup. I am not a fan of its texture, especially creamier soups like pea or butternut squash.
- I cook for myself, my partner, and my family and friends.
- My favourite kitchen utensil is my non-stick spatula.
My nominees are:
(Now I have tried to creep your blogs to determine your followers, so if you have over 500 oh well!)
Stacey @ Making my Boyfriend Fat
Yaniv @ the Spice Detective
Laura @ the Copenhagen Tales
Maria @ Pasta Republic
BB @ BB a la Carte
Emily @ The Classic Portlander
Jen @ Salted Kitchen
Andrea @ Cooking With a Wallflower
Margaux @ Made by Margaux
Abigail @ My Girls on Tour
Chelsea @ Chelsea O’Rorke
My questions for my nominees are:
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What is your favorite restaurant?
- What is your dream job?
- Do you prefer sweet or salty snacks?
- What is your favorite item of clothing?
- Why did you start your blog?
- How did you decide what you were going to blog about?
- What are your favorite blogs?
- If you could only bring 3 things to a deserted island, what would they be?
- What do you like to do when you aren’t blogging?
- What food could you eat every day?